Choose 4 linear data structures
. For each data structure, choose an operation and evaluate its runtime. Examples of operations on linear data structures include:
- random access (index)
- split: make two lists out of one
- append: merge two lists end-to-end
Specifically, for each operation provide:
- pseudocode of the algorithm
- explanation of how the algorithm works, intuitively
- charts showing the runtime of the algorithm for varying N (whatever N is...)
- when would you use this data structure? when would you avoid it?
- introduction and background sections in your report to explain how your data structures work and which operations they support
- a bibliography including any references you cite
- all your code in an appendix. Make sure your code is well documented (including citations)
Your report should be printed and turned in during class. I would appreciate a PDF of your report emailed to me as well.